Now that our dads have had their day and spring has arrived to send those temperatures north, the next big thing on the calendar is one the youngsters have been waiting a whole 10 weeks to arrive. The school holidays are back again! And there’s no better time to grab the fam and get stuck into some BCFing good times together. Whether it’s a trip to the beach for some sun, surf and sand action, a camping adventure the littlies will never forget, or hooking up the water-based pride and joy to get those rods bending. What more could you ask for?
The team at BCF thought they’d point you in the right direction with everything you’ll need for keeping smiles on those little dials these school holidays, so let’s take a geez.
Hit the beach with the littlies
As the days continue to get longer and the water begins to warm, our beach-loving Aussies will be out in droves to get their fix of fun in the sun these school holidays. As we’ve mentioned before this country is not short on beautiful beaches with stunners lining most of the coastline, so it’s no surprise that when we get the chance a trip to the big blue is high on the to do list. Whether your idea of a good time is grabbing the surfie and hitting the waves, slipping on the togs and taking a dip, or simply chilling on the shore, when you’re looking for a good time these school holidays the beach is the place to be. Just be sure you get your hands on these beauties and you’ll be sure to have a ripper.
- Grab a Mares snorkel set and become an explorer these school holidays. The ocean is an underwater wonderland home to all kinds of cool creatures, from corals to plant life, and of course colourful fish! With the help of a snorkel set from Mares you can check it all out. Mask? Tick. Snorkel? Tick. Fins? Tick. Fun? Tick! Tick!
- For those heading to the beach these school holidays don’t forget to add a Coolcabanas Beach Shelter to the list of must-haves. This bad boy is the ultimate in beach gazebos and offers UPF50+ sun protection. With a super easy set-up, you’ll be catching peelers in no time and at the end of the day the compact fold design makes transportation and storage a breeze.
- If you and the little ones are on the hunt for adventure these school holidays, you’ll find it and much, much more with a Minelab Go-Find Metal Detector. Comb our beautiful Aussie beaches in the search for buried treasure, how fun! Available in two great sizes, the Go-Find 66 and its little brother the Go-Find 22 - perfect for any prospector! These handheld metal detectors come choc-a-bloc with features sure to help you locate that lost loot.
- When it comes to lugging your holiday essentials to and from the car, the Wanderer Quad Fold Camp Cart is the bees knees. This Swiss army knife on wheels is constructed from durable polyester fabric and a powder coated steel frame that’ll last for yonks. With a clever collapsible design and telescopic handle what more could you ask for?
Take the tackers for a spin on the wet stuff
If you’re anything like us, it’s not a holiday without a bit of boating thrown in for good measure. With an abundance of drop-dead gorgeous waterways scattered throughout this country it’s no wonder why. Whether tearing around on a tow tube, heading out and about on the kayaks, maybe giving the local fish population a touch up sounds more your style, whatever floats your boat (pardon the pun). When the boating bug needs scratching we’ve got the remedy, just be sure you get your hands on these beauties and you’ll be sure to have a ripper.
- Get the kids off those devices and into some wet and wild fun. If your little ones don’t mind pushing the pedal to the metal our epic range of tow tubes from Tahwalhi and WOW will give them an intense thrill ride like no other and have them screaming wow! Available in a whole host of sizes - This is sure to be a crowd pleaser these holidays.
- Want a fun way to explore and navigate your local waterways these school holidays plus get a workout at the same time? well, the Turquoise Bay ISUP from Tahwalhi could be the answer. The perfect addition to any water-loving family, this beauty was designed as the ultimate compact watercraft and man does it deliver. Lightweight, easy to use, and most importantly stable. Made with durable rigid drop stitch fabric and a PVC deck, it'll keep you high and dry with the EVA deck grip. This pack comes with everything you could need for a day on the water including a pump, leash, paddle and a repair kit, plus a handy carry bag – what more could you ask for?
- You can’t go wrong with a fishing mission to keep the kids entertained these school holidays. The perfect pastime for teaching the little tackers patience, while also sorting out a fresh feed of fish at the same time. If you’re on the hunt for kid friendly fishing gear, the Ugly Stik Balance Spin Combo is the way to go.
- Nobody wants to find out the hard way that their boat battery is outta juice. So, before you go planning a holiday trip in the tub it’s worth looking into a brand spanker from Century. Whether it’s a starting battery you’re after for getting the donk up and running or a deep cycle battery for the electric motor, you can’t go wrong with one of these bad boys.
Grab the groms for a camping adventure like no other
The school holidays make the perfect opportunity for Aussie families to get stuck into some camping adventures. Whether it’s the van life that tickles your fancy or the simpler approach of hitting the campground with tent and fam in tow, if this sounds like your cuppa tea guaranteed you’re not alone. Escaping from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and teaching the kids a little bit about what a good time really is (no devices please). Just be sure you get your hands on these beauties and you’ll be sure to have a ripper.
- To keep the belly full and the mood happy on your next camping travels you can rely on the aptly named Weber Traveller to get the job done. From the bush to the backyard and everywhere in between, this little beauty sure knows how to cook! As you'd expect from anything wearing the Weber logo the traveller is quality, it's built tougher than a $2 steak and has more features than you can poke a fork at. Whether it's roast chook, a leg of lamb, or the ole faithful snags, you can rely on the traveller – with a 5 year warranty just for good measure
- Although there may be a couple of hot heads in the back seat, a Fridge Freezer will guarantee that at least your food and drink stay cool these holidays. The perfect solution for keeping all your food and bevvies ice cold without the need for lugging bags of ice, that sounds like a winner. Engel have always produced the goods when it comes to quality products, and their Eclipse 38L Fridge Freezer is no exception. Whether you’re heading bush or hitting the campsite this little ripper does it all. using a cleverly designed and energy efficient Sawafuji motor, that’s not only quiet but bloody powerful to boot. Capable of cooling to 50 degrees below ambient temperature, there’s nothing this bad boy can’t handle.
- Whether the littlies are playing spotlight, on an after-dark adventure or looking for the loo, the Ledlenser H7R Headlamp makes for a super handy addition to any camping kit. Tough as nails and bloody bright, what more could you ask for in a camp light? Keep the good times rolling long after the big yellow thing in the sky has hit the hay with this fully rechargeable headlamp and its unbelievable 65-hour battery run time - School holiday fun all rolled up in one!
- Time to throw on your best khaki’s, were goin’ on safari! If you’re on the hunt for the ultimate home away from home, you can’t look past a Safari 350 Touring Tent from Darche. The high-quality canvas construction is just what you’d expect from anything wearing the Darche logo, and the extremely clever design makes set up a piece of cake. Now get out there and enjoy some holiday fun with the kiddies.
Gather the troops and head to the park
Fun with the fam is what the school holidays are all about, and a trip to the park could be just the ticket. Feel free to let the littlies run wild on the play equipment while the old timers have a yarn and sink some coldies. No trip to the park is complete without a BBQ, so before the kids get too hangry it’s time to throw on a snag and really get the party started. Just be sure you get your hands on these beauties and you’ll be sure to have a ripper.
- Although a bit of vitamin D is never a bad thing, you’ll be telling a different story after a full day in the scorching Aussie sun. That’s where the Wanderer Anti Pooling Pro Gazebo is worth its weight in gold. This puppy comes in handy for more than just a trip to the park with its unique anti-pooling frame design, which encourages water to roll off the sides when the wet stuff starts to come down. It also comes with a 420 denier, silver backed oxford polyester canopy that provides UPF50 sun protection, you beauty!
- Looking after the littlies can be thirsty work! To make sure those bevvies stay cool as a cucumber you can't go past the epic range of drinkware from YETI. From drink bottles and colsters, to tumblers and mugs - life's better with a YETI! This brand has built a reputation on being one of the best in the bizz, making products you can rely on to go the distance. Although no trip to the park is complete without a YETI in hand, you can bring them with you just about anywhere.
- If a picnic in the park sounds like your kind of holiday fun, Wanderer can sort you out no dramas. The Wanderer Wicker Picnic Basket and Picnic Backpack have all the gear you’ll need for a relaxing family picnic, just add kids and you’re good to go. 4x bamboo plates, 4x Plastic Glasses, 4x forks, 4x knives, 4x spoons, let’s get this party started!
- Kick back in style with the help of a Wanderer Reclining Lounger , the perfect companion for some school holiday fun in the park. This ultra-stylish reclining camp chair is solid as a rock, built with a powder coated steel frame, solid arms and a 130kg weight capacity rating for the ultimate in comfort and support. You’ll be ready for an afternoon siesta after chasing the little tackers around all day, and this bad boy will have you counting sheep in no time.
Make the most of Spring these school holidays and leave the iPads at home. With so much to do in the outdoors, the kiddies should have no reason to be chewing up the home data. Get geared up and get out there these school holidays!