Let us help you get started
Check out our handy tips and buying guides to help you find what you're looking for.
Fishing Gear, Equipment & Accessories
Fishing is one of the most profound outdoor experiences; the wait, the fight with the catch, and finally the excitement or disappointment, make it a must-try activity. Here at BCF, we have an impressive collection of rods, reels and combos. We also have any fishing accessories you need including lines, lures, floats, rigs and hooks. You will also find tackle boxes, tools, clothing and storage options to make your fishing trip a success every time. We deliver the best fishing gear and accessories wherever you are in Australia. Whatever you need to keep reeling in catch after catch, BCF is here to supply it.
What is the fishing gear for sale?
- Fishing rods – Spinning, baitcasting, overhead and surf rods
- Fishing Reels – Spinning, overhead, hand, Alvey, and baitcaster reels
- Fishing rod and reel combos - Spinning, baitcaster, overhead and surf combos. We also have kids combos
- Fishing line – Mono, braid, fly, leader plus wire line and trace
- Nets, gaffs and pumps including bait pumps and landing nets
- Fishing tackle kits including sinkers and moulds, floaters, rigs, hooks, swivels and snaps
- Fishing lures of all kinds; flies, squid jigs, skirted, spinner and surface lures
- Fishing tools including pliers, knives, grips, and filleting gloves
We have the tech you need to make your outdoor trip more navigable and easier including UHF radios, fishfinder/chartplotter combos and maps or guides. You can also pick several pieces of apparel including wetsuits, waders and tops.
What fishing brands does BCF stock?
As Australia’s leading fishing gear shop, we stock the best brands from across the globe including Savage Gear, Daiwa, Shimano, Rapala, Penn and other top brands. Shop online to explore our range of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels suitable for experienced anglers or beginners alike available for delivery with select items eligible for click & collect. Alternatively, you can head to your nearest BCF store to check out the range in person.
How do I know which fishing gear and accessories to buy?
Fishing is a very wide field with different categories of items, which in turn have tens of brands. You have hundreds of choices to pick from for anything you need. If you are a beginner, the best thing would be to acquaint yourself with essential fishing gear by joining a friend on a fishing trip. There is an active fishing community in almost every part of Australia, where you will find people willing to show you the paces.
You should also consider the type of fishing you are doing. Freshwater fishing gear for river and lake fishing is a bit different from saltwater fishing gear, which has a larger catch.
What else should I consider when buying fishing equipment in Australia?
Different states have different regulations on the kind of fishing gear and accessories you can use. You should check whether;
- The equipment is allowed for fishing
- How many of each item can be used at the same time
- The item conforms to legal standards and requirements
- The gear is marked with tags and buoys
Also, different states may require that you register some items, which involves paperwork.
Your fishing supplies could also be determined by the duration of the fishing trip. Long camping and fishing trips will require planning for transport, fish storage, and accommodation.