Rod maintenance is so important when it comes to the longevity of your rod, and sometimes when you're dropping a line on the regular your rod can cop a thrashing. So to help keep your rod in top nick you can easily replace your rod tip when you follow these quick and easy steps.
How to remove a rod tip?
So when removing your old rod tip all you need is a lighter and some pliers. Simply run the lighter across the bottom of the tip for about 10 seconds, this should help to melt the glue and release the tip. The tip will be hot so use those pliers to grab it. If the tip is still not quite budging, just give it a few more seconds of heat and she'll loosen up perfectly.
How to attach a rod tip?
If you just removed your old rod tip, give your rod a few minutes to cool down before attaching your new one.
- Grab yourself some glue, we recommend the Fuji Tip Hot Glue
- Next, have your new rod tip at the ready. The Fuji Rod Tip is a great versatile option with a range of sizes to fit most rods.
- Use your lighter to heat up your glue, within a few seconds it will be ready
- Apply the glue directly to the tip as well as to the rod, using a gentle dabbing motion will help it to apply neatly
- Slide your tip onto the rod. Once on again grab your lighter and use it to help melt and bond that glue you have just applied
- Most importantly be sure to check that your runner is nice and straight, check that it neatly aligns with all the other runners
- Give your tip a few moments to cool, then you can trim off any excess glue on the outside of your rod
Check out this video with our mate Sammy for some more hot tips. If you're looking for a new rod or rod accessories check out our range online now, or drop into your local store and chat to some of our BCFing experts!