What can you put in the bin?
- Mono filament line (not braid line) will be recycled
- Plastic line spools (that you buy your line on) will be recycled
- Handline spools can be both recycled and up-cycled
- Hooks — preferably in good condition (not rusty) will be up-cycled
- Sinkers — lead or other, in any condition, will be up-cycled
- Swivels — preferably in good condition (not rusty) will be up-cycled
- Lures — in any condition, if they cannot be fully up-cycled, they will be used for parts to up-cycle other lures
- Floats — in good condition, will be up-cycled where possible
What can't go in the bin?
*Soft Plastics or Soft Plastic Lures Soft-bodied lures can be reused, as can jig heads for soft plastics, these two items are welcomed in the bin. However, the soft plastic tail-section of a soft plastic lure is problematic. The soft plastic part is often damaged or has been kept in scented oils so it cannot easily be re-used, and unfortunately, there is no current method for recycling them. We don’t encourage their inclusion in the Rig Recycle bin.
What BCF stores are participating?
We are thrilled to announce that after a successful trial of a first-of-it's-kind initiative in Australia, Rig Recycling is now available in all BCF stores across Queensland! Visit our store locator to find your local store’s details.