- Dig a hole at least 50m away from campsites and water sources
- Dig deep enough so hole provides minimum 200mm coverage over business when back-filled
- Ensure all waste and toilet paper is contained in the hole before back-filling
- Back-fill, then mark the area with a vertical stick to notify other campers
Please note, the burying of waste is only permitted in certain locations.
Use biodegradable toilet tissue, it will break down a lot faster than regular toilet paper.
Foldable / Bucket Toilets
- More comfortable and convenient than previous method
- Contains waste, perfect for locations where it’s not permitted to bury waste
- Lightweight and low fuss
- Doesn’t require any toilet chemicals, very simple to clean
- Very affordably priced, only disposable item is the catcher bags
- Perfect for use inside pop-up toilet enclosures
The ‘closable lid bucket’ style is a great option for nights while camping with kids. Saves having to escort them to the toilet block or out into the bush when they get up during the night.
- As close as you’ll get to ‘business as usual’ off the beaten track
- Available in a range of sizes to accommodate larger family’s or longer stays
- Able to be ‘flushed’ and used inside toilet enclosures, boats, caravan etc
- Requires toilet chemicals to help breakdown the waste (‘Aqua Chem Green’ for use where waste will be disposed of into a toilet system or sewage tank, ‘Aqua Chem Blue’ and ‘Aqua Rinse Plus’ are 100% biodegradable and able to be buried)
Ensure only recommended toilet tissue is used. Baby wipes, sanitary items and the likes can block portable toilets and should be disposed of separately.