This hack will help reduce any slippages while you apply drag to spool your reel.
What you want do is:
- Set up your rod and reel to allow you to use both hands.
- Flick up the bail arm.
- Get a small piece of masking tape ready to go.
- Loop the braid around the spool twice.
- Tie off with a blood or uni knot and tighten as much as you can on the spool.
- Grab your snips and cut off the tag end of you braid.
- Seperate the two loops on the spool and tape it down with the masking tape. This will reduce any slippages while you apply drag to spool your reel.
- Flick down the bail arm.
- Now spool it up and make sure your line is packed nice and tight.