This simple fish scaling bag from Rogue is the ideal way to remove fish scales without the mess. Just toss your fish into this bag, drag it behind the boat with the included tow rope, and they’ll be fully scaled in around five minutes! Perfect for taking all the mess and fuss out of scaling difficult fish.
- These are best for light scaled fish like Whiting but will work on other species
- Put your fish into the smaller mesh bag and then into the heavier mesh bag. Ensuring the end is tightly shut.
- You need to have enough length of rope out that the fish in the bag sit in the wash of the first wake off your boat.
- You need to have enough speed so that the fish in the bag are skipping in the wash and will normally roll to the outer edge of the wake and then come back in.
- The length of time you will need to do this will vary depending on the species fish and quantity of fish you have in the bag.