We want you to be totally satisfied with our products and services.
There may be times when you will need to return a product purchased from one of our stores. Our Returns Policy is designed to assist you with your return.
We would like to remind you that the benefits given by our Returns Policy are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have as a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law.
Help us, help you
When to return a product?
We offer you a replacement, credit or refund where products have a major failure, such as:
- When they are faulty
- Wrongly described
- Different from a sample shown to you; or
- Do not do what they are supposed to do
Where to return a product: Take your product to the front Service Desk of your nearest BCF store. This includes products that carry a manufacturer’s warranty, which may need to be assessed by the manufacturer.
What information is needed to complete your return?
- Show your receipt or other proof of purchase (bank statement).
- Try to return the product in the same condition as it was purchased (including manuals, accessories and packaging).
- Provide us with any extra information we may need to process your return.
With a receipt
- For an exchange, credit, refund or repair we ask for your name, telephone number and signature in addition to your receipt.
- All purchases made on a debit/credit card will be credited back to the original card used, so please have your card with you.
Without a receipt
- If you don’t have a receipt, we ask for your photo identification showing your name, address and signature.
- You can help us determine proof of purchase by providing a bank statement or similar.
Consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time period and can vary from product to product depending on factors such as the nature of goods, price and statements made on packaging and product labels.
Our Store Managers can assist you with further information about the warranty period for the product you return.
Expenses: Any expenses relating to the return of your product to store will normally have to be paid by you. For online store purchases, we will pay for return freight for any product assessed as having a major failure.
Assessing your return
Assessment of your product: We may need to conduct an assessment of your product to determine whether a repair, replacement or refund is appropriate. Certain technical products may need to be sent to the manufacturer or their repair agent for assessment, such as:
- Sound, electrical and motor driven products
- Power tools; and
- Customer orders – non store stock items (may incur $10.00 fee for exchange or refund)
- Tents over $400
- Rods & Reels over $100
Liaise with the manufacturer
For some product assessments you may have the option to liaise directly with the manufacturer, or their repair agent. Our store team members can provide you with the relevant manufacturer contact details.
Products assessed as having a minor fault will be repaired by the manufacturer and returned to you within a reasonable time. We offer a refund or replacement if the product is assessed as having a major failure.
Returning online purchases
In Person: Return online purchases to your nearest BCF store.
By post or courier: Liaise with our Service Centre on the below contacts:
Phone: 1300 880 764 between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm AEST (Brisbane) Monday to Friday.
Special procedures for certain products
Repair Notice: The repair of your goods may result in the loss of user-generated data. Please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on your goods. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Bulky and fuel operated products: For safety reasons, please contact your nearest local BCF store before returning any bulky or fuel operated products, such as:
- Gas cylinders /BBQ
In some cases a refund, replacement, or repair may not be offered if you:
- Substantially modify the product;
- Misuse the product contrary to user instructions or packaging labels; or
- Simply change your mind.
Certain products are excluded under our Returns Policy unless they are faulty, these include:
- Tailor made customer orders;
- Storage discs (CD’s and DVD’s);
- Computer or video games;
- Underwear (thermals and swimwear), socks
- Gift-cards, vouchers, and/or credit vouchers
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For updates to this Returns Policy please visit our BCF website. At any time you can discuss our Returns Policy with your local BCF Store Manager.
For your nearest store details:
Australia: Store locator at www.bcf.com.au or phone 1300 880 764
If you feel that your rights under consumer law or our Returns Policy have not been met, please forward your concerns in writing to:
Product Assurance Officer
GPO Box 344
STRATHPINE QLD 4500
Your privacy: BCF will only collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
SRG Leisure Retail PTY LTD
A.C.N 110 667 411
Trading as BCF Boating Camping Fishing
Support Office: 751 Gympie Road, Lawnton QLD 4501
Po Box 344 Strathpine QLD 4500
Ph: (07) 3482 7800
Fax: (07) 3482 7170