BCF ‘XXXX ISLAND GIVEAWAY’ COMPETITION
TERMS + CONDITIONS
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms + Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. In agreeing to these Terms + Conditions you also agree to the Terms and Conditions for all Competitions run by the Promoter, from time to time, as provided at this link: www.bcf.com.au. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms + Conditions and the Terms and Conditions for all Competitions run by the Promoter, these Terms + Conditions will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
3. The promoter is BCF Australia Limited, (ABN 51 110 667 411), 751 Gympie Road, Lawnton, QLD, 4501. For the purpose of this promotion the ‘Prize giver’ is Lion-Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd (ABN 13 008 596 370) of Level 7, 68 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Competitions of Skill
4. All Competitions are based on skill only. The Competitions are not a game of chance and chance plays no part in determining a winner. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on creativity. The single best entry, as determined by the judges, will each receive the winning prize.
5. Entry into the Competitions is only open to Australian residents over the age of 18. The Promoter and the Prize giver, their employees (and their immediate families), related bodies corporate, and agencies or companies associated with the Competitions are ineligible to enter the Competitions.
Entry + Selection of Winners
6. The promotion commences at 12.01 EST on (19/03/2013) and closes at 23.59 (12/04/13) Promotional Period”).
7. To enter, entrants will visit the Promoters Webpage (www.bcf.com.au) and Click on the ‘XXXX Island Competition tab’. They will complete the valid information and answer the question ‘Tell us in 25 words of less why you deserve to go to ‘XXXX Island’. A limit of One (1) entry per person will be permitted.
8. For the opportunity to win a Competition and a prize, participants must creatively ‘Tell us in 25 words or less why you deserve to go to ‘XXXX Island’. The person with the best answer will be heading off to XXXX Island. The best entry, as determined by the judges, will receive the winning prize.
9. Judging will take place at 12:00 EDT on 15/04/13 at 751 Gympie Road, Lawnton, QLD, 4501. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the Promoter.
10. Prize consists of a trip for the winner and one (1) guest who are Australian residents and aged 18 years or over to XXXX Island located on the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. The trip includes return economy class airfares for two (2) adults from the winner's nearest Australian capital city to Rockhampton Airport, including airline and airport taxes, transfers from Rockhampton Airport to and from XXXX Island and three (3) nights 3 star (or equivalent) accommodation. Winner and their guests will be required to travel during the period 25/07/13 to 28/07/13. Winner and guests must travel together. Accommodation may consist of a mix of single, double and/or dormitory-style rooms and semi-permanent tents with a mix of ensuite and communal bathrooms, and will be allocated at the discretion of the Prize giver. Selected food and beverages will be provided at the Prize giver's discretion, including unlimited water. Activities available on the Island are subject to weather and management discretion, and may include (but are not limited to) snorkelling, rod fishing, kayaking, canoeing and beach games. Participation in any activities will require the completion of a Participation Agreement and Release and is taken at the risk of the individual. The Prize giver may amend or substitute available activities in its absolute discretion. Prize value is up to RRP$5,000 (depending on point of departure). All other ancillary costs, including but not limited to taxes (excluding GST), fuel, meals and beverages (unless specified), transfers (unless specified), activities (unless specified), insurance, incidentals and any and all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner and their guests arrange at their own expense valid travel insurance with the highest available coverage for their period of travel. The Prize is a single event trip for the winner and their guests and cannot be separated into separate trips or components. Total maximum RRP value of prizes is $5,000.
11. Winner and their guests must be Australian residents and aged 18 years and over. Winner will be advised of other information and documents they will need to provide to the Prize giver during the Booking Period to complete their booking. A further email will give winner a URL and code to access the online booking system during the Booking Period. Winner must provide all other information and documents requested by the Prize giver (including in respect of their guests).
12. Winner/s will be notified by door knock, email and telephone by (10/04/13) and in writing (email or mail) by (22/04/13).
13. If winner/s does/do not accept their prize by 06/05/13, he or she will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Promoter may assign the prize to the entry judged next best entry in the promotion.14. Accommodation and flight arrangements, including suppliers, will be determined by the Prize giver in its sole discretion. The Prize giver may refuse any requested changes, and will not accept any request made within 24 days of departure. If any requested change is accepted by the Prize giver, change fees may be applicable.
15. Before any prize is awarded, the winner and each of their guests will be required to:
a. sign a Participation Agreement and Release in favour of the Prize giver and the event organiser; and
b. provide evidence of valid travel insurance with the highest available coverage for their period of travel.
Winner and their guests may also be required to provide a credit card imprint at check-in to the accommodation on XXXX Island that will be used to charge for incidentals (such as optional activities) and/or as a bond in case of damage to the property.
16. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the transport, accommodation and other third party suppliers or prize components. The Prize giver is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner or their guests as a result of the conduct of any third party prize suppliers, or otherwise as a result of the winner and their guests accepting and/or using a prize, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or willful misconduct of the Prize giver or which cannot be excluded by law.
Limits on Entry + Voting
18. Each participant may only enter a Competition once.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant or individual who tampers or is suspected of tampering with a Competition in any way including registering alias or fictional email accounts.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant who is suspected of or found to be is using multiple email accounts (including false or temporary email accounts)
21. The Promoter reserves the right to not count votes found to be or suspected of being from unidentifiable or false email accounts or from the same individual using multiple email accounts.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify, ban or refuse a participant entry into a Competition including future Competitions should they be suspected of or found to be in the opinion of the Promoter in breach of any of these Terms + Conditions.
23. Entrants further warrant and agree that:
a. they will not submit any content that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, politically incorrect, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, racist, ageist, sexist, objectionable with respect to religion, origin or gender, unsuitable for persons under the age of 18 years, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
b. all of the content in their entry has been personally created by them, and does not breach any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights of any third party;
c. they have full authority to grant the Prize giver and/or the Promoter any rights referred to in these Terms & Conditions; and
d. they will indemnify Prize giver and/or the Promoter against all loss, damage and liabilities arising from a breach of any of the warranties in these Terms & Conditions.
25. These Terms + Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland.